CLC Business Plan
1. Your instructor will assign you to a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC).
2. The scenario for your CLC is presented below.
3. Your CLC will work together to write a single document.
4. The CLC Business Plan needs to be of professional quality, demonstrating a high level of thought, research, and writing skill.
5. The business plan needs to be similar in format, content, and quality to actual business plans in the health care industry.
6. The CLC Business Plan is based on a hypothetical situation. Therefore, you will need to be creative. While the information included in the plan will be contrived, make a reasonable attempt to be realistic. This will require research and imagination. Financial projections and timelines are not expected to be exact; feasible approximations are expected.
7. Designate a project manager to oversee the overall writing of the CLC Business Plan. An equitable division of tasks is the most efficient way to complete the assignment.
8. The CLC Business Plan will contain the sections and components common to typical business plan models. The specific needs of each project will determine the appropriate model to use. Whichever model you choose include:
a. Description of product or service
b. Business and industry profile
c. Marketing components
d. Financial information
e. Operational plan
Note: Virtually all business plans contain an executive summary. The executive summary for the CLC Business Plan will be included in the Individual Project Plan, which is due in Topic 8. Individual CLC members will write their own executive summary of their CLC Business Plan.